Got a message from Rob at Bullit Custom Cycles located just outside of Toronto Canada. Bullit specializes in 1970 and 1980 Japanese customs. They specialize in making billet triples and other billet parts for Japanese bikes.
Rob got in touch to show off the latest Bullit bike, a Honda CB550.
read more >>
Lots of stuff going on at Bullit! Since the last time we’ve been in contact I’ve become the sole owner of Bullit now managing all aspects of the company!
I also had to upgraded my billet aluminum supplier! This new supplier is still in North America, has better quality and better pricing which has let me set up a program that the customer ships us his old triple, if we don’t have it in stock, take measurement and send him a new billet triple for his Café Racer, Bobber or Chopper!
Attached is the photos of our class winning ’77 CB550. When building this bike I wanted to use as many stock parts as I could and also want a 16″ front wheel with disc brakes not a drum like everyone else was doing at the time.
Here are the highlights:
– Re-laced stock hubs with 16″ Harley drop center rims and Shinko dual white line tires.
– 3″ drop on the stock front forks and re-worked stock caliper mount
– Rib welded on the stock frame back bone so the custom split Sportster tank can be mounted
– Hand formed battery and eclectics box
– Hand made seat pan and modified CB550 rear fender/Café tail
– Custom carb velocity stacks
– Acewell speedo with integrated pick up in the swing arm
– Hand made exhaust
Oh, and don’t forget, their cool billet and triple tree parts include iPhone mounts too, so check out Bullit Custom Cycles.
Get the best of bikerMetric directly in your inbox, once a week, every week.